- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The couple are now married, a rep for Franco confirms to The Hollywood Reporter. Brie, 34, and Franco, 31, got engaged in August 2015 after dating for more than three years. In 2013, they co-starred in Funny or Die’s NSFW “Dream Girl” video.
Franco and Brie recently co-starred in Little Hours, a Jeff Baena-directed comedy about a young servant fleeing from his master and taking refuge at a convent full of nuns, and The Disaster Artist, a film by James Franco (Dave’s older brother) about the making of Tommy Wiseau’s The Room.
While on set together for Little Hours, the duo learned that “Alison should not be on set while I’m having sex scenes with other women,” Franco told The Hollywood Reporter at Sundance. “When we’re playing a romantic couple type of thing, we obviously want there to be chemistry onscreen or otherwise, everyone’s like, ‘What are you guys doing together?'”
“Well, we are generally very private, but then when you’re doing scenes where you’re making out, you’re like, ‘Well, we don’t want the make-out to look lame,'” added Brie. “It’s so wonderful to work with someone that you’re getting married to.”
Congrats to the newlyweds!
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day