- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
David Bowie’s vibrant spirit lives on — now in Barbie form.
Mattel revealed Thursday that Barbie will honor the legendary singer’s legacy with a collectible doll. Dubbed Barbie as Bowie, the doll is dressed as the late superstar’s extraterrestrial glam-rock alter ego, Ziggy Stardust, complete with iconic striped metallic “space suit” and platform red boots. The dramatic look is topped off with Ziggy’s signature fiery-red hairdo and astral sphere forehead icon.
The Bowie Barbie doll was created by Mattel in partnership with The David Bowie Archive under license to Perryscope Productions LLC/Epic Rights. Its July 11 release marks the 50th anniversary of the U.K. release of Bowie’s “Space Oddity” single. (A 7-inch EP box set is also being released to mark the single’s 50th.)
Fans can purchase the David Bowie collector Barbie doll for $50 on Mattel’s website or at retailers nationwide right now. Check out some exclusive images of the Barbie as Bowie doll below.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day