- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“I’m really flattered to be named ‘Sexiest Vegetarian’ with ?@IMKristenBell, but sadly I can’t accept in good conscience because I eat chicken,” Shepard tweeted Thursday afternoon.?
In a follow-up tweet, he explained that he’d been “vegan for a year, but that ended 6 months ago” and that he hopes to be more like his fiancee, who hasn’t eaten meat for years.
PETA, however, doesn’t seem too upset about its blunder.
“We’re delighted to recognize Kristen Bell as our Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrity,” the animal rights group said in a statement to E! Online. “She sets a wonderful example of kindness to animals and healthy living to her countless fans, including Dax! We love Dax, and we’re glad to read that he’s aspiring to be more like Kristen. We are here to help with recipes and our vegetarian starter kit, and we’ll be sending the couple a delicious gift basket of Beyond Meat and Garden veggie chicken products.”
Shepard and Bell tweeted that they would be getting married after the Supreme Court’s decisions on same-sex marriage were announced earlier this week.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day