- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Following the launch of its digital style vertical last July, CNN is now bringing its fashion focus onto the small screen this spring.
The show — fittingly titled CNN Style — will premiere April 9 on CNN International. Hosted by Derek Blasberg, the monthly half-hour series will cover art, luxury, fashion, autos, architecture and design. According to the network, the first episode will feature pop star Rita Ora, Formula One World champion Lewis Hamilton, British artist Tracey Emin and painter Li Songsong.
“We are taking inspiration from CNN’s rich past in style and reverse engineering the DNA from our hugely successful digital product to bring CNN Style to TV viewers worldwide,” said CNN International senior vp Ellana Lee. According to a release, its digital platform brings an average of 5.5 million unique users every month.
CNN Style will follow in the footsteps of Elsa Klensch’s work some 15 years after she hosted and produced Style With Elsa Klensch for the network from 1980-2001.
The new show will take part in covering a number of high-profile events this year, starting with Hong Kong Art Basel and then the Met Gala, Milan Design Week and the Venice Architecture Biennale.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day