- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Derek Jeter is a face for Nike, Gatorade, Rawlings and many other companies, but don’t expect him to become the face (or body) of luxury underwear. Page Six reports that the Yankee shortstop has a secret ownership stake in Frigo Revolutionwear, a brand that makes $100 high-tech boxer briefs.
The company also sells t-shirts and relatively cheaper underwear, from $25-$36, with less padding for, well, you know where.
Jeter has previously endorsed the product but said he wouldn’t appear in any ads. He told Page Six a year ago it would be “too embarrassing.” Apparently even profiting from underwear would be too risqué, as a source said Jeter kept his investment secret because he wanted to avoid becoming the next Jim Palmer, a Hall of Fame pitcher who appeared on Times Square billboards wearing tight Jockey bikini briefs.
Page Six also reports Carmelo Anthony and 50 Cent have ownership stakes.
Neither representatives for Jeter or Frigo Revolutionwear could be reached for comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day