- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Diane von Furstenberg took an unexpected hit during a recent ski trip to Aspen with husband Barry Diller, and she may be out of commission for at least a week.
“Some Brazilian man, who could not ski, lost control and went straight at me, hitting me badly on my face and ribs (with his camera),” the 64-year-old fashion designer explained in a Jan. 25 email to WWD. “I went to the emergency room and then flew to UCLA. I look like Mike Tyson on his worst fight. Broken nose and some light facial fractures.”
Von Furstenberg is reportedly back at her L.A. home, where she will spend the week recuperating with her family.
“I guess it could have been worse,” she added optimistically, “but it does NOT look pretty … Thank god I have Yvan Mispelaere in the sample room,” the occasional Project Runway and America’s Next Top Model guest host said in reference to prepping for New York’s approaching Fashion Week.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Sam Neill Encourages Fans to “Not Worry Too Much” After Sharing His Cancer Is in Remission: “I Am Alive and Kicking”
Hollywood-Backed Topicals Skin-Care CEO Olamide Olowe On Her Go-To Fashion & Freelancer Essentials
Stylist Law Roach Explains Why He’s Retiring from Celebrity Styling and Whether He’ll Continue to Work With Zendaya