- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The boy’s name is Alexander John Buckley Ford.
New York Times fashion critic Cathy Horyn has tweeted her congrats to the fashion couple.
The official printed birth announcement was tweeted out two hours ago by journalist Jim Shi, and it reveals the boy was born on Sept. 23.
Ford, 51, and Buckley, 64, have been together for 26 years. The couple met when Ford, who took over at Gucci before launching his own company, saw Buckley at a fashion show in the 1980s. At the time, he was only 25 and Buckley, former editor in chief of Vogue Hommes International, was 38.
Ford, also a film director (A Single Man), recalled in WWD: “I went to a fashion show and this silver-haired guy was staring at me with these piercing water-blue eyes. It scared me because I absolutely saw and knew my entire future.”
Ford recently told WWD that he and Buckley had decided to have children but realized that they’d have to do it in the near future. “I think I’d better get busy soon, though, because I’d like to be able to pick them up,” Ford said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day