- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dick Van Dyke and Arlene Silver were all smiles as they cut their wedding cake on Feb. 29, as shown in the above photo obtained exclusively by The Hollywood Reporter. The newlyweds, who tied the knot in a small ceremony, made it official after meeting six years ago.
Silver, a 40-year-old makeup artist, shunned tradition with a fuchsia Anthropologie dress and matching flower in her hair. Van Dyke, 86, kept it simple in a black suit and silver tie from Charles of Beverly Hills.
The couple wed in an intimate ceremony in Malibu at a chapel near Van Dyke’s home.
“It’s a really nice relationship, most people like her a lot,” Van Dyke’s publicist told ABC News. “Despite their obvious age difference, Dick has never been happier. She brings a lot of light into his life.”
His marriage to Silver marks Van Dyke’s second. He was previously married for 36 years to Margerie Willett, with whom he had four children. He then lived with girlfriend Michelle Triola for more than 30 years until her death in 2009.
The actor, who starred in The Dick Van Dyke Show, Diagnosis Murder and Mary Poppins, met Silver in the green room at the 2006 Screen Actors Guild Awards, where she did his makeup.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day