- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dick Van Dyke is a newlywed.
The 86-year-old television legend tied the knot with 40-year-old makeup artist Arlene Silver on Leap Day (Feb. 29) after the two met six years ago in the green room at the 2006 Screen Actors Guild Awards, where she did his makeup, People reports.
“The last couple of years we kind of fell in love,” Van Dyke said in a video posted on RumorFix. “She keeps up with me.”
The actor, who starred in The Dick Van Dyke Show, Diagnosis Murder and Mary Poppins, and Silver wed in an intimate ceremony in Malibu at a chapel near Van Dyke’s home.
“It’s a really nice relationship, most people like her a lot,” Van Dyke’s publicist told ABC News. “Despite their obvious age difference, Dick has never been happier. She brings a lot of light into his life.”
His marriage to Silver marks Van Dyke’s second. He was previously married for 36 years to Margerie Willett, with whom he had four children. He then lived with girlfriend Michelle Triola for more than 30 years until her death in 2009.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day