- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Christian “King” Combs is not only following in his father’s steps as a hip-hop artist but also as an upcoming power player in fashion. The 19-year-old was recently named the face of Dolce & Gabbana’s spring 2018 advertising campaign after walking in the Italian designer’s menswear runway shows last summer and fall.
Shot by noted photography duo Luca and Alessandro Morelli, the upcoming campaign is said to be aimed at millennials, with the first shot released depicting the rising star looking casually royal in a maroon sateen tux, bow tie and sneakers on a gondola.
Combs was signed to his dad’s legendary Bad Boy Records label in 2016 and dropped his track “Feeling Savage” in December, with talk of a debut album later this year. He is said to be not only modeling but designing a collection for Diddy’s clothing line Sean Jean, and is expected in Milan in the coming days for Men’s Fashion Week.
Meanwhile, another rapper’s progeny — Snoop Dogg’s son Cordell Broadus — has also made his modeling debut this spring 2018 season. The 20-year-old, who, like King, played football at UCLA and is interested in fashion design, was the star of MCM’s latest ads.
A version of this article first appeared on Billboard.com.