- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Move over, Instagirls, Donatella Versace is the next 50-and-over to land a major ad campaign.
Read more Schiaparelli Names New Design Director
Riccardo Tisci announced via Instagram on Tuesday morning that the 59-year-old chief designer of Versace and president of Versace Group will star in the “FW15 Givenchy Family campaign.” No word yet on what the concept of the “family” campaign entails, but with photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott as well as stylist Carine Roitfeld on board, we’re betting it’s going to be good.
Versace posted the same image of the two Italian designers in side profiles with the caption, “For my talented friend Riccardo, together we break fashion boundaries today.” She followed the image with a thank you note to Tisci and his team which reads, “Dear Riccardo, Mert and Marcus, you made my day unforgettable. Donatella.”
Since taking over as creative director of Givenchy in 2005, Tisci has made some noteworthy model castings, including Julia Roberts (who donned a masculine, buttoned-up tuxedo for the brand’s spring 2015 ads), transgender model Lea T and Kendall Jenner, whose fall 2014 appearance was her first major campaign gig before she became the industry’s go-to girl.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day