- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Dress: A futuristic sequined cutout dress from Proenza Schouler’s fall 2015 collection featuring a paneled skirt with grommet embellishments.
The Wearer: Model and L’Oreal Paris ambassador Liya Kebede.
See more Cannes: The Red-Carpet Arrivals
The Event: The Cannes premiere of Mad Max: Fury Road on Thursday evening, where the model walked alongside red-carpet vets Julianne Moore, Charlize Theron and Michelle Rodriguez.
Why We Dig: Among the heavy gowns with long trains, seen on the likes of Theron and Fan Bingbing, Kebede’s modern, knee-length dress was a refreshing alternative to red-carpet sophistication. The asymmetrical cutouts and sheer, mesh skirt gave the gown a subtle sex appeal while her minimalist sandals and sleek hair kept the look from being too over-the-top. A smokey eye, metallic box clutch and cool ear cuff made the 37-year-old’s look the perfect ensemble for Mad Max‘s 21st century return.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day