- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Dress: A simple yet dramatic sequin and silk stunner from Chanel Couture’s spring 2013 collection — which is a somewhat pared-down version of another Chanel sequin number we loved from the line’s recent 2014 cruise show.
The Wearer: Always chic Bling Ring star Emma Watson, whose uncomplicated, effortless vibe is continuously impressive.
The Event: The May 16 Cannes premiere of Sofia Coppola’s anticipated Bling Ring, where Watson joined her director along with co-stars Israel Broussard, Katie Chang, Taissa Farmiga and Claire Julien.
Why We Dig: The 23 year-old starlet has a standardly unfussy style that manages an air of young elegance — her hair is brushed, her makeup is light and she never looks like she’s robbed the Bloomingdale’s accessories counter as so many “oh-so-trendy” young stars do. And her Cannes look keeps within that same sophisticated vein without being stuffy. Though we’ve been seeing black and white ad nauseum as of late, the combo is classic and doesn’t really get old. The sculptural feel of Watson’s gown combined with the look’s over-all simplicity makes our heart skip a beat, and makes us excited to see what she’ll wear on her movie’s promotional tour.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day