- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Dress: A floral Dolce & Gabbana full-length gown with sheer, quarter-length sleeves and a crocheted skirt.
The Wearer: Sprite redheaded Aussie Isla Fisher.
The Event: The world premiere of Baz Luhrmann‘s The Great Gatsby on Thursday night in New York — aka one of the most-anticipated events of the year.
The Reason We Dig: We will admit that this dress isn’t traditionally pretty. It’s a bit schizophrenic even, with a navy bodice, contrasting florals and a black woven skirt. But the dress makes Fisher, who plays Myrtle Wilson in the film, look like a modern-day free spirit (her romantic, side-wave hair and fresh, bright lipstick help the cause, too). Hate the dress or love it, Fisher’s overall look works well. Not to mention that it’s a nice departure from the 1920s-infused looks we’ve seen almost ad nauseam this Gatsby season. The movie might not yet be released, but it might be time to move on to the next decade as far as party dresses are concerned. And Fisher did just that with perfect aplomb.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
valentine's day gift guide
super bowl LVII
leslie odom jr.