- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Event: Elle‘s 21st Annual Women in Hollywood Celebration on Monday evening, when news broke that the designer had died at age 82.
Why We Dig: In light of the heartbreaking de la Renta news, it was almost a fitting tribute to see one of our favorite Oscar-winning actresses wear one of his flattering designs. Accessories were key in keeping this ensemble from looking too conservative — a black belt, strappy Louboutins and a metallic Rodo clutch added an edgy flair to the feminine frock. Though we dig when the 24-year-old chooses Dior for evening wear, it’s always refreshing to see her work it in other designer’s wares. In this case, J. Law’s well-executed look was the perfect choice for the event, where she was joined by ODLR fans Jennifer Garner, Kerry Washington and Tina Fey. Her bold red lip and tousled hair were the finishing touches to this homerun look that struck a perfect balance between being ladylike and tough.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day