- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Dress: A red leather paneled dress.
The Wearer: Runway model (look No. 14).
The Event: Louis Vuitton’s spring/summer 2015 ready-to-wear show at the Frank Gehry-designed Fondation Louis Vuitton in Paris on Wednesday.
Why We Dig: For his second womenwear collection at the Louis Vuitton helm, Nicolas Ghesquiere showcased leather— and plenty of it (not surprising given the Parisian fashion house’s luggage roots). The material appeared in the form of stripes, woven latticework and blocked panels. A standout was the cherry red diagonal leather and fabric-paneled minidress with subtly puffed sleeves … a look so chic, so cool, so simple yet striking that it’s begging to be worn on a red carpet — and yes, we realize that there’s already an overabundance of red dresses worn in Hollywood, but not like this one. It’s not black-tie by any means, but perfect for a cocktail-attire premiere (teamed with a strappy sandal and statement earrings) or a daytime event (with killer suede ankle booties). Who should wear it? We’d love to see Michelle Williams (the face of LV’s ads) or Jennifer Connelly. Both women are Ghesquiere muses and both were perched front row. Here’s hoping they took notice as well.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day