- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Dress: A cornflower-blue and white polka dotted crepe de chine, empire waist easy dress by British designer Jenny Packham, who has previously outfitted Kate for everything from polo matches to black tie charity galas.
The Wearer: New mom, Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton.
The Event: Will and Kate’s first public showing of their still-unnamed baby boy, who was born at St. Mary’s Hospital in London on Monday.
Why We Dig: Over on this side of the pond, sweat pants seem to be standard garb of new moms heading home from the hospital. But as she usually does, Kate one-upped women everywhere by looking perfectly polished and cool-as-a-cucumber in a pretty Jenny Packham dress that could fit in at a garden party. In a serene light blue, the prim, jovial outfit not only celebrated her bundle of joy’s gender, but seemed to pay tribute to her late mother-in-law, Princess Diana, who too preferred polka dots when presenting Prince William on the same hospital steps in 1981. The new Prince of Cambridge, meanwhile, sported a cotton bird-print swaddle by Brooklyn-based Aden + Anais. Do we smell a hipster in the making?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day