- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Dress: Uh, in this case, the suit — a two-button, off-white number by Ferragamo complete with a contrasting brighter white button down and brown leather shoes, both by the brand, too.
The Wearer: Ryan Gosling, who hasn’t made a major red carpet appearance since March. Welcome back.
The Event: The July 16 New York premiere of Only God Forgives, Gosling’s latest flick which hits theaters Friday.
Why We Dig: It takes a special man to properly pull off a white suit. Historically, some of the biggest badasses of all time have successfully sported the look — Tony Montana, Detective Crocket, Mr. Roarke and Tattoo, Colonel Sanders and Tom Wolfe, of course. And who can forget John Travolta’s Tony Manero in Saturday Night Fever? Certainly not us. But that doesn’t mean the look is easy. What passes for “drug lord chic” on the big screen isn’t usually the best option for dinner at the Soho House (depending on which night you choose to dine, of course). But with Ferragamo’s dapper off-white hue, no man bling in sight and lack of visible chest hair, Gosling takes the typically, uh, striking ensemble out of Miami circa 1985 and straight into our dreams. Does this mean the return of the white suit is upon us? If all wearers can mimic Gosling’s swag, we sure hope so.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day