- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Elizabeth Banks‘ family just got a little bigger.
“As 2012 winds down and Thanksgiving approaches, I have much for which to be thankful — personal, professional and presidential,” she wrote. “However, nothing can match the joy and excitement my husband and I felt when we recently welcomed our second baby boy, Magnus Mitchell Handelman.”
The baby joins brother Felix, who was born in March 2011, also via gestational surrogate. She quipped that having two boys ensures “a decade or more of close hand-to-hand combat.”
She also wrote about the process by which the two boys were born.
“This experience has exceeded all expectations, taught us a great deal about generosity and gratitude and established a relationship that will last a lifetime,” she wrote, adding: “I now turn my attention to managing two boys under two. For which I am thankful. And all their poop. For which I am less thankful. Wish me luck.”
Banks and Handelman, an author and film producer, have been married for nine years.
Among her upcoming film credits, Banks reprises her role as Effie Trinket in the Hunger Games sequel, subtitled Catching Fire, set for release next year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day