- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Wearing off-the-runway couture is an honor usually reserved for people named Rihanna or Cara Delevingne; however, the Valerian stars aren’t the only ones with the certified fashion cred needed to rock couture on the red carpet less than a month after the runway debut.
Elizabeth Olsen, who has been making the rounds promoting two summer flicks, Ingrid Goes West and Wind River, proved her royal fashion lineage when she attended a Wind River screening in New York in an off-the-runway Dior Couture look from the fashion house’s latest fearless female-inspired collection by Maria Grazia Chiuri.
Styled by Sarah Slutsky, Olsen looks demure in what appears to be a pleated wool dress, with her loose gold waves tucked into the collar of the blouse. With a simple yet statement-making bold red lip, the look has an air of ‘50s-era sophistication and elegance, which gets even better when you realize the dress is not actually a dress but pants. Does it get better than couture pants? Trick question, because that’s not possible.
Last we saw Olsen on the red carpet, she made a wholly different kind of style statement, arriving at the Hollywood premiere of Ingrid Goes West in the very same Marc Jacobs LBD and Sophia Webster pumps as her co-star, Aubrey Plaza.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day