- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Elle Fanning is working a new look. The 16-year-old actress, who starred in Opening Ceremony’s NYFW one-act play, swapped her blonde hair for brunette locks at the L.A. premiere of The Boxtrolls on Sunday.
While the fashion star always looked red-carpet-ready with her platinum hair, we must admit that her new ‘do makes her stand out even more. Styled with an all-black ensemble by Oscar de la Renta, Fanning looked both sophisticated and fashion-forward at the event.
Fanning, who voices the character of Winnie in the animated flick, told The Hollywood Reporter during the premiere that big sis Dakota influenced her to take part in the stop-motion movie. “I knew that once you are in it, you are in it,” said Fanning, who watched her older sibling do voiceover work for years before Coraline (in which Dakota starrred) was released.
Might Dakota have persuaded Elle to dye her hair, too? Either way, we’re into the darker shade.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Six’ Hits Hollywood: Tony-Winning Writers Toby Marlow and Lucy Moss Remember the Early Days of the Musical Sensation
Kids Power 2023
Chrissy Teigen and John Legend’s Kids Are Already Mapping Out Their Looks With Their Stylist
Jennifer Lawrence Clarifies Cannes Flip-Flop Ensemble: “I Was Not Making a Political Statement”