- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actress unveiled the news via Instagram on Monday. “I can FINALLY let you all in on the mega SURPRISE!!!! I am officially a #lorealista !!!!!” she captioned with much excitement (in case you couldn’t tell by the number of exclamation marks). “Thank you @lorealmakeup for welcoming me into your EMPOWERING and FABULOUS family!!! I am beyond proud to represent a company that celebrates WOMEN!!! BECAUSE WE ARE ALL #WORTHIT #lorealparis.”
The younger sibling of Dakota Fanning will make her debut as the beauty brand’s ambassador at Cannes, where L’Oreal Paris has served as one of the film festival’s official sponsors for the past 20 years. The 19-year-old star has two films premiering there, including Sofia Coppola’s The Beguiled and John Cameron Mitchell’s How to Talk to Girls at Parties. L’Oreal will also host a “Cinema Club” party during the fest.
Fanning follows in the footsteps of fellow brand ambassadors Naomi Watts, Helen Mirren, Julianne Moore, Zoe Saldana, Blake Lively, Eva Longoria and Karlie Kloss.
Her first beauty campaign for L’Oreal Paris will be for the Paradise mascara.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day