- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Surprise! Ellen Page and girlfriend Emma Portner are now married.
The Flatliners actress broke the news Wednesday on Instagram. “Can’t believe I get to call this extraordinary woman my wife. @emmaportner,” Page captioned alongside photos of the duo, including one image that showed the wedding bands on their hands.
A post shared by @ ellenpage on
Portner also took to her Instagram to write, “I get to call this incredible woman MY WIFE! @ellenpage I LOVE YOU!”
Portner has appeared in photos and videos on Page’s Instagram account since this past summer. Portner, originally from Ottawa, Ontario, is an instructor at the Broadway Dance Center, where she teaches contemporary jazz. According to her bio page, her performance and choreography appeared in Justin Bieber’s “Life Is Worth Living” video.
Page came out as gay at the Human Rights Campaign’s Time to Thrive conference in 2014. “I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission,” Page told the audience at the time. “I suffered for years because I was scared to be out. My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered and my relationships suffered. And I’m standing here today, with all of you, on the other side of all that pain.”
A post shared by Emma Portner (@emmaportner) on
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day