- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Elliot Page and wife Emma Portner have decided to end their marriage, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
“After much thought and careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to divorce following our separation last summer,” the pair wrote in a statement. “We have the utmost respect for each other and remain close friends.”
The Oscar-nominated Juno star married Portner, a dancer and choreographer, in early 2018. On Jan. 3 that year, Page posted on Instagram, “Can’t believe I get to call this extraordinary woman my wife,” alongside a photograph of the couple’s hands with engagement rings and a black-and-white picture of the pair embracing.
In December 2020, Page came out as transgender and nonbinary, expressing at the time, “I can’t begin to express how remarkable it feels to finally love who I am enough to pursue my authentic self.”
Over the years, Page has shared various other photographs on Instagram from his marriage to Portner, particularly for date nights and on Pride day.
Page is currently continuing his role as Vanya Hargreeves in Netflix action-comedy The Umbrella Academy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day