- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“As soon as I saw the dress, I started to envision what type of look I’d want to create — I used Pinterest for inspiration,” says makeup artist Jenn Streicher of Emily Blunt’s delicate pink Prada gown. For the Oscars, she adds, “I knew I wanted to create a soft, glowing look for her.”
The actress’ eyes were the main event of the look, which was overall bronzed and radiant thanks in part to St. Tropez One Night Only self-tanner in Light/Medium ($16) and Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Pink Mosaic ($44) on her cheekbones. As for making Blunt’s pale blue eyes stand out, Streicher — who also grooms her husband, John Krasinski, and works with Lily James and Chris Evans — says it took several steps of blending various products to accomplish what she wanted.
The perfect shade between pink and bronze came about via several Laura Mercier products: Eye Basics in Cotton ($27) to prime, Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Rose Gold ($29) on the lids, the same formula in Grey Pearl as liner, Matte Eye Colour in Cashmere ($25) in the crease and, finally, Baked Eye Colour in Petal Pink ($25) on top. Talk about finesse.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day