- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Look: A custom Atelier Versace gown featuring a high neck and beaded ribbons that was inspired by the fashion house’s fall 2016 collection.
The Wearer: La La Land star Emma Stone, who was styled by one of The Hollywood Reporter’s power stylists, Petra Flannery.
VA-VA-VOOM: Emma Stone in custom Atelier Versace at the 2016 Venice Film Festival. (Photo: Franco Origlia/Getty Images Entertainment)
The Event: The opening ceremony of the Venice Film Festival and premiere of La La Land on Wednesday. The romantic Los Angeles-set musical, directed by Damien Chazelle (Whiplash), stars Stone as an aspiring actress and Ryan Gosling as a jazz player who meet and fall in love.
Why It Matters: Fringe is a given during Coachella. But for film festivals? Not so much. Yet, Stone is proving otherwise with her metallic number by the Italian luxury label. The gown’s playful vibe makes attending the oldest film festival in the world feel less serious, and the choice is charmingly appropriate to promote a musical comedy. The beaded details also add a nice touch of texture. With the look’s shiny and swingy effects, Stone kept her hair as an updo and let the dress do all the talking — and dancing, as seen below.
A video posted by Rachel Goodwin (@rachel_goodwin) on
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day