- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Before the Emmys, makeup artist Tina Turnbow told The Hollywood Reporter that she predicted a spate of earthy smoky eyes at the Emmys, so it’s no surprise she fell in line with her own prediction, using copper tones on client Taylor Schilling.
To create what Turnbow termed the “sultry, mysterious” look, she used Laura Mercier products, including the Kohl Eye Pencil in Brown Copper on the top lash line and Sateen Eye Coulour in Cognac on the lids.
Also following the copper shadow trend was makeup artist Tricia Sawyer, who prepped Robin Wright for the event. “She doesn’t like to wear a lot of makeup,” says Sawyer, who made the House of Cards nominee’s eyes pop with Chanel Ombres Contraste Duo Eyeshadow in Sable-Emouvant, Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Ambre Dore and Orlane Volume Care Mascara.
And makeup artist Tamah created Game of Thrones actress Sibel Kekilli’s eye look with the champagne beige in the Dior 5 Couleurs Iridescent Eyeshadow Palette in Earth Reflections and the coppery brown from the Dior 5 Couleurs Designer Palette in Amber Design. “As to not compete with the [orange-red] color of the dress, I kept the color palette really neutral,” she says.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day