- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Power suits competed with gowns among the women walking the Emmys red carpet Monday night.
“Am I going to be comfortable? Nice!” Jones said on the red carpet of her reaction upon choosing the look. Siriano also worked with stylist Micaela Erlanger to outfit Orphan Black nominee Tatiana Maslany in a custom jumpsuit featuring a halter top and asymmetrical draping in an on-trend neon yellow, a hue that dominated the Spring 2019 runways in New York.
Maika Monroe likewise chose a jumpsuit in white silk, featuring a deep-V neckline and dramatic fringe from Stella McCartney’s Spring 2019 collection. And for Issa Rae, nominated for lead actress in a comedy series for her role in Insecure, Vera Wang designed a custom pale blue silk V-neck jumpsuit with a split overskirt and a crystal-embellished bodice.
Also seen in tailored suits on the Emmys red carpet: Felicity Huffman wore a black double-breasted tuxedo, while Mary Steenburgen chose a brocade two-piece suit with contrasting floral lapels and pockets.
Elsewhere, Silicon Valley’s Amanda Crew and Suzanne Cryer turned up on the red carpet in coordinated silver metallic suits: “Heading to meet @AmandaCrew and do our very very very silver version of Lucy and Ethel at @TheEmmys,” Cryer tweeted before arriving.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day