- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Celebrated Ferrari collector Eric Clapton has dropped a reported $4.75 million on a custom built automobile by the Italian manufacturer.
In a video posted to the web, the British rocker’s new ride can be seen leaving a London dealership to be delivered to its new home. According to Yahoo’s Motoramic blog, the one-of-a-kind coupe took two years to build and has been dubbed the SPC-12 EPC, for “Special Project Car, Number 12, Eric Patrick Clapton.”
The car was designed to pay tribute to the singer’s favorite 1970s Ferrari 512BB, which he previously crashed. It is powered by a V-8 engine, because a V-12, which was used in the 512BB, is too large for the 458 Italia frame on which the custom car is based. The car also features a two-tone color scheme, oversized wheels and angular headlights.
Take a look at Clapton’s new toy in the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day