- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Eva Mendes reportedly is becoming a mama again.
US Weekly reported that the actress and her longtime boyfriend, Ryan Gosling, are expecting their second child. A source told the glossy that Mendes was spotted hiding her baby bump during an L.A. photo shoot in February.
The couple, who met on the set of The Place Beyond the Pines in 2011, welcomed daughter Esmeralda Amada in September 2014. Though they’ve stayed relatively mum about their little one, Mendes did reveal why they chose that particular name for their firstborn.
“We both love the Esmeralda character from the Victor Hugo novel The Hunchback of Notre-Dame and just think it’s a beautiful name,” Mendes told Violet Grey‘s The Violet Files. “Her middle is Amada, which was my grandmother’s name. It means ‘beloved’ in Spanish.”
Reps for Mendes, 42, and Gosling, 35, did not immediately return The Hollywood Reporter‘s request for comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day