- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Meredith Baxter, best known for her role as Elyse Keaton on the 1980s TV series Family Ties, is a newlywed.
Baxter, 66, wed her longtime partner, general contractor Nancy Locke, on Sunday in Los Angeles, People reported.
“Now I understand why marriage caught on!” she told the magazine.
Baxter came out in 2009.
“I am a lesbian, and it was a later-in-life recognition of that fact,” actress told NBC’s Today at the time. Baxter has been dating Locke for seven years.
“Some people are saying, were you living a lie?” Baxter said in 2009. “And, you know, the truth is, not at all. This has only been in the past seven years.”
This marks Baxter’s fourth marriage. Her exes include David Birney, her co-star on the ’70s TV series Bridget Loves Bernie. She is the mother of five children.
Baxter’s most recent credits include appearances on The Neighbors and Glee.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day