- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Giambattista Valli — whose eponymous label is known for its intricate cuts and unique silhouettes — will be launching a new line called Giamba at Milan Fashion Week this September. The new ready-to-wear range will have “a playful, underground and sexy side,” the designer tells WWD.
While he currently presents his couture and RTW collections at Paris Fashion Week, Valli says he wanted to present Giamba in Milan because “France has given me a lot, but so has Italy, and a part of me is returning to the country.” The Rome-born designer had stints at Fendi, Krizia and Roberto Capucci, before debuting his namesake label in 2005.
Jessica Biel, Diane Kruger, Reese Witherspoon and Lupita Nyong’o are among the famous faces who have been spotted wearing Valli’s designs on the red carpet. Most recently at this year’s Met Gala, Lena Dunham arrived in a strapless, embellished dress made by the designer, who also happened to be her date that evening.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day