- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Following Tommy Hilfiger’s comments about Gigi Hadid’s weight that made headlines last week, the supermodel is now breaking her silence on the matter.
“When Tommy said it last week, it was in context of a larger story that wasn’t shown in that video,” Hadid told Access Hollywood, referring to Hilfiger’s interview in which he told Yahoo’s Joe Zee that the casting director for his fall 2015 show put the model in a red, white and blue poncho to hide her curves.
Hadid went on to defend the designer’s comments.
“Tommy was rooting for me, and regardless of what the stylist of that season said or what he put me in, Tommy wanted me in the show, and Tommy was pushing for me and Tommy loved my curves,” said the L.A. native, who’s teaming up with the designer for a second Tommy x Gigi collection following the success of their first collab.
Added Hadid: “The next season, I wore a bikini on the same runway with the same stylist of the show that had previously put me in a poncho.”
You can watch her interview with Access Hollywood below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day