- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Designer Giorgio Armani is no stranger to the big screen.
His impeccably tailored styles have already appeared in American Gigolo, Ocean’s Thirteen and The Dark Knight – and now they can be seen on Oscar-winning actress Cate Blanchett in the new movie Hanna (Focus Features).
In the film from director Joe Wright (2005’s Pride and Prejudice and 2007’s Atonement), Blanchett plays dark intelligence operative Marissa Wiegler who has secret ties to a teenage girl (Saoirse Ronan) with the skills of an assassin and her ex-CIA father (Eric Bana). “Joe’s vision of Marissa as the Wicked Witch of the story meant that her colors would be red [for her hair] and green [in her attire],” says head costume designer Lucie Bates, who worked closely with Armani.
Armani turned out an elegant, army green pencil-skirt suit and a ladylike emerald-hued cashmere coat for Blanchett’s character.
“Working with Cate has always been a highlight for me,” says Armani, who often dresses the actress in one-of-a-kind Armani Privé gowns for the red carpet. “She embodies the perfect combination of consummate actor and world-class fashion icon.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day