- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Two weeks ago, Bridesmaids star Rose Byrne wore a vintage Elie Saab pantsuit to the Screen Actors Guild awards, telling reporters she meant to channel actress Michelle Pfeiffer in her iconic role with Al Pacino in the 1983 film, Scarface.
Byrne looked amazing in her new blunt bob, almost identical to Pfeiffer’s film ‘do, and received many critical raves for her adventurous flashback style.
Cut to today. On the Grammy carpet Sunday night, Rihanna — sporting long, tousled blonde hair with long wavy bangs — arrived in a barely-there, super-sexy black gown with a belly-grazing v-neck and a very low back. She said her look was a “collaboration” between herself and Italian designer Giorgio Armani.
“We’ve been working together for a long time and he trusts me,” she explained. “I wanted to do something ‘very Michelle Pfeiffer from Scarface.'”
Say again? OK, either this is the biggest coincidence in the fashion universe or Rihanna’s style is inspired by Byrne — not Pfeiffer.
Byrne did it first — but who did it better? Be honest.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day