- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On Wednesday, the board of Guess Inc. formed a special committee comprised of two independent directors to oversee an ongoing probe into allegations of improper conduct by its co-founder Paul Marciano.
The announcement Friday came about a week after model and actress Kate Upton accused Marciano of sexual misconduct on social media.
Upton added the hashtag #MeToo, thrusting her into the movement that has spread virally after public reports of sexual harassment allegations against movie mogul Harvey Weinstein first surfaced in October 2017.
Guess says that Paul Marciano “adamantly denies” the allegations.
The Los Angeles-based company says it takes seriously any allegations of sexual harassment and doesn’t condone such misconduct in any form.
Paul Marciano and his brother Maurice co-founded the brand — which is sold in roughly 100 countries — in 1981, redefining the denim business.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Universal Studios Home Entertainment