- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gwyneth Paltrow doesn’t think the Met Gala is “so un-fun” anymore.
After telling USA Today in 2013 that she would never go to the New York event again (“It was so un-fun. It was boiling. It was too crowded. I did not enjoy it at all,” Paltrow said at the time), the actress has changed her mind about attending the exclusive fundraising gathering this year.
Paltrow stepped out in a minimalist-looking Calvin Klein By Appointment pale pink one-shoulder sequin cocktail dress with an angled front slit.
This year’s gala theme celebrates the museum’s Costume Institute exhibition “Rei Kawakubo / Comme des Garçons: Art of the In-Between,” which features approximately 150 womenswear designs that Kawakubo has created for Japanese brand Comme des Garcons since her first presentation at Paris Fashion Week in 1981.
Paltrow’s lifestyle platform Goop most recently announced that it would be partnering with Conde Nast — the parent company of Vogue — on a quarterly print magazine. Perhaps that partnership had something to do with the actress deciding to go again?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day