- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Listen up, Star Wars fans. Harrison Ford is making it a little bit easier to get a piece of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens action. Literally.
In partnership with site IfOnly, the actor is putting the leather jacket he wore on set as Han Solo up for auction, with proceeds benefiting NYU Langone Medical Center’s Finding a Cure for Epilepsy and Seizures (FACES). The charity is personal for the actor, whose daughter Georgia suffers from the disease.
“I’ve been very impressed with the work NYU and the FACES team have done in the field of epilepsy research, and I hope this jacket will provide some means to further that exploration,” said Ford. “This is a cause that’s near and dear to me, and unlike the cynical Han Solo, I’ve got a good feeling about this.”
The auction began on March 21 with the opening bid at $15,000. Since that time, the price has more than doubled to $34,000, but there’s still 13 days until the bidding ends on April 11 at 6 p.m. ET. Bid high, you must.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day