- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There are a handful of things that Harry Styles has in common with Elvis Presley — thousands of screaming fans, a killer smile and catchy hooks.
But Styles took the comparison even further for his performance Today, channeling the King in a bright pink bespoke suit by British tailor Edward Sexton. That Styles chose Sexton is no surprise: The famed British tailor has created suits for other U.K. greats including Paul McCartney and John Lennon (the white suits featured on the Abbey Road album cover) and more recently Mark Ronson (for his wedding).
While performing his new single “Sign of the Times,” Styles’ brightly hued ensemble stood out amidst his band and the vast sea of spectators (whose size rivaled the crowds at Justin Bieber’s performances) lining Rockefeller Plaza.
Styles paired the vintage-style one-button and peak-lapel suit with a black shirt and shoes and plenty of rings (all signatures of Presley, too), for a look that seemed to charm everyone — including Today co-host Matt Lauer.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day