- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ivanka Trump is reportedly starting “a massive fund” that will benefit female entrepreneurs worldwide.
The fund will “provide working and growth capital” to small- and medium-sized businesses, reports Axios‘ Mike Allen. A source tells the news outlet that Canada, Germany and “a few Middle Eastern countries,” as well as “several corporations,” have contributed to the fund. Apparently President Donald Trump is on board with the idea, too.
The news comes on the heels of Ivanka’s appearance in Berlin, Germany, where she attended the W20 conference to discuss women’s empowerment and entrepreneurship. The first daughter, who wore a floral Michael Kors dress, was met with boos from the audience during her talk.
Ivanka announced earlier this week that she’ll be donating proceeds from her upcoming book, Women Who Work: Rewriting the Rules for Success, to charity.
Ivanka’s efforts in championing women hasn’t come without backlash or criticism. She was slammed by critics for staying quiet about the White House’s health care legislation to block federal payments to Planned Parenthood. Scarlett Johansson, for example, said she was baffled by Ivanka’s reluctance to be more vocal.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day