- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Janet Jackson has reportedly separated from her husband of five years, Qatari billionaire Wissam Al Mana. The couple welcomed their first child three months ago and neither has issued a statement on the break. E! News reportedly confirmed the news, which came after the Jan. 3 birth of their son, Eissa Al Mana.
The superstar singer and 42-year-old businessman met in 2010 but kept their relationship mostly hidden from view until they announced in February 2013 that they had married in a “quiet, private and beautiful” ceremony. A year ago, Jackson, then 50, unexpectedly postponed her Unbreakable world tour after announcing that she was expecting her first child. An unnamed source told E! that Jackson is “a really zen person. She is in her element. She loves being a mom and this is what she has been waiting her whole life for.”
A spokesperson for Jackson could not be reached for comment at press time.
Jackson was married to singer James DeBarge from 1984 to 1985 and to dancer Rene Elizondo Jr. from 1991 to 2000.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day