- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Janet Jackson is starting the new year with a new bundle of joy. Jackson and husband Wissam Al Mana welcomed their first child, a son named Eissa Al Mana, on Tuesday, Billboard has confirmed.
“Janet Jackson and husband Wissam Al Mana are thrilled to welcome their new son, Eissa Al Mana, into the world,” the singer’s representative said in a statement. “Janet had a stress-free, healthy delivery and is resting comfortably.”
Last April, the 50-year-old singer postponed her Unbreakable World Tour and took to Twitter to tell fans that she and her husband were “planning our family.” Jackson then confirmed her pregnancy to People with a photo in October. “We thank God for our blessing,” she said at the time.
Jackson married Al Mana, a billionaire businessman from Qatar, in 2012. Her first single following a seven-year hiatus, titled “No Sleeep,” was inspired by her husband.
The baby news was first reported by People.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day