- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
From her cheery Mary Katranzou frock to her glowy makeup, Obvious Child‘s Jenny Slate was a bright spot on the red carpet at Saturday’s Film Independent Spirit Awards in Santa Monica. “I feel like softer always looks so beautiful in natural light. I wanted Jenny to look like herself — effortless,” says makeup artist Kirin Bhatty, who kept Slate’s complexion radiant and dewy for the daytime occasion, and played up the actress’ spring-inspired ensemble, styled by Jessica Paster.
To get Slate’s glowing complexion, Bhatty turned to a winning combo of products and her makeup kit’s secret weapon. “I’m all about skin prep,” explains the artist who insists on applying everything with a beauty blender dampened with Chanel’s Hydra Beauty Essence mist.
Using Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream and Chanel Hydra Beauty serum as a base, Bhatty layered on Smashbox’s Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer, and spot-treated with NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. For an added touch of iridescence, Bhatty incorporated a combination of Armani Fluid Sheer #2 and #7. The finishing touch? NARS Matte Multiple in Anguilla, followed by Chanel Camelia Rose Powder Blush and final sculptural touches using Smashbox’s Contour Kit.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day