- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jessica Biel’s husband, Justin Timberlake, was in the spotlight at the Oscars, opening the show with his Trolls hit, “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” but it was the female half of that relationship who killed it on the red carpet. Her golden KaufmanFranco gown gleamed like a statuette, and her skin shone, luminous and clear.
“The most important element of a flawless complexion is skin care,” says makeup artist Kara Yoshimoto Bua, who was on Biel’s glam squad for the night. Her cocktail of formulas: Chanel Sublimage under the actress’ eyes, a moisturizer on her skin to hydrate and ensure foundation goes on smoothly and Chanel Solution 10 all over her body.
The Egyptian vibe of Biel’s gown and massive Tiffany & Co. collar led Yoshimoto Bua to restrain her makeup just a bit, and keep it modern and clean. That meant a graphic cat eye using brown liner (Chanel Ecriture de Chanel Eyeliner Pen in Brun, $35) as opposed to black, and lots of Le Volume de Chanel mascara ($32). To complement her eyes, the makeup artist gave Biel a sheer stain using a neutral liner and Chanel Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Colour in Coco ($37), a pout that popped against her head-to-toe Oscar gold.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day