- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
From collaborations to creative partnerships, the sports and fashion industries have been slowly but surely developing a beautiful friendship. And now, football star JJ Watt is the latest star athlete to join the fashion world.
Read more This Was the Biggest Hair Trend of NYFW
The Houston Texans player is the newest brand ambassador for Dallas-based menswear retailer Mizzen + Main, which also has fans in Drew Brees and LeBron James. The 26-year-old applauds the line for its sweat-proof, moisture-wicking technology — which is key for his many press appearances and dinners which require him to suit up.
“Living in Houston for the past five years, one of the main problems I’ve had was going out, and sweating,” admitted the 6-foot-5 defensive end (been there, JJ). “Mizzen + Main came into the picture and really kind of changed everything. They brought these shirts that stretch, that breathe, that allow you to go outside and move around and really not have the sweat show through the shirt.”
Mizzen + Main’s line of henleys, blazers, denim and signature performance dress shirts are available at its retail locations as well as online at MizzenandMain.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day