- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The 28-year-old former soap star broke the happy news recently that he and his girlfirend Diana Gonzalez-Jones will be expecting their first child next spring.
“We found out just last week it’s a girl and we are over the moon,” Martinez told People.
He had nothing but wonderful things to say about the new addition: “Diana has a little baby bump now and it’s cutest thing ever. With the holidays coming up, this is the biggest and best gift we could get.”
Martinez, an Iraq war veteran, and Gonzalez-Jones met on the set of All My Children in 2008 when he landed a part on the now-canceled ABC soap. Gonzalez-Jones was the executive producer’s assistant at the time.
They did not begin dating until last year after being friends.
Martinez, who visited the Pentagon, was named the grand marshal for the Rose Parade and took part in CNN’s salute to heroes following his win on Dancing With the Stars, was grateful for the events of the past year, saying, “2011 has been full of a lot of surprises and opportunities and ultimately, a lot of blessings. Diana and I were asking ourselves, ‘How is 2012 going to top 2011?’ Well, we have our answer.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day