- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Dress: A heavily beaded gown from Valentino’s Haute Couture fall 2017 collection, which was shown in July during Paris Couture Week.
The Wearer: Julianne Moore, who was styled by Leslie Fremar.
The Event: At the Suburbicon premiere during the Venice Film Festival on Saturday.
Why It Matters: A veteran of the film-festival circuit, Moore continued to prove her fashion prowess for her latest red-carpet appearance. The 56-year-old star stole the show in a dazzling design from one of Pierpaolo Piccioli’s best collections yet. The plunge-front gold gown was both sexy and subdued with a black bodice that hugged Moore’s waist, and a floating front panel and skirt that appeared to be covered in ostrich feathers with fluid fringe detail. Fremar added more shine to the look with emerald Chopard jewels.
Moore also opted for the Italian fashion house last week when she stepped out in a red twirl-worthy tulle fall 2017 gown, also designed by Piccioli, to accept the first Franca Sozzani Award. There’s no arguing that the actress and Valentino are a match made in red-carpet heaven.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day