- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Not only is fashion icon and designer Karl Lagerfeld widely successful — his four-legged, blue-eyed, white and fuzzy feline also follows in her owner’s footsteps.
In an interview with New York magazine, Lagerfeld admitted that his cat, Choupette, earned $3 million euros (!) in 2014.
“She did two jobs and made 3 million euros last year. One was for cars in Germany and the other was for a Japanese beauty product,” Lagerfeld said. “I don’t allow her to do foodstuffs and things like this. She’s too sophisticated for that.”
Read more Lady Gaga Photographed by Karl Lagerfeld for Hollywood Reporter Stylist Cover
Choupette became a part of Lagerfeld’s world when a friend of his asked the fashion icon’s maid to watch her while he was away; when his freind returned, the cat would not come to him.
Since Lagerfeld took ownership of the cat, he invests in her care: She has two personal maids that play with her, entertain her and keep her fur and eye beauty treatments up to date.
“She had something unique. She is like a human being, but the good thing is that she’s silent. You don’t have to discuss it. She hates other animals and she hates children,” Lagerfeld said, continuing, “She is the center of the world. … She’s an inspiration for elegance. For attitude.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day