- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It hardly seems enough to be a stylist anymore – you have to be a super stylist. Kate Young, stylist to Michelle Williams and Natalie Portman, has a deal with Macy’s. Arianne Phillips styles Madonna — as well as costumes, films and Madonna’s tours. Rachel Zoe has more deals in place than Bill Gates, it seems. Now, Brad Goreski has a book coming out.
Called Born to Be Brad: My Life and Style So Far, the book is out this week and tells the story of how a young unfashionable kid from Canada went from regular guy to fashion boldfaced name. There are the requisite fashion tips, but Brad also writes about coming to terms with his sexuality and with drug use. And of course, there’s a good smattering of stories from his Rachel Zoe days.
Deborah Lloyd, who is the Creative Director of Kate Spade, is giving Mr. Goreski a private Hollywood dinner at the Sunset Tower for his book on the evening of Wednesday March 14, and we expect celebs will turn up, including Brad’s A-list client Jessica Alba (his other client, Maya Rupolph, lives in NY). Brad, of course, signed a deal with Kate Spade last year to do press events, fashion presentations, ad campaigns, website shoots, etc. Given his love of color and retro, it’s aesthetically apt.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day