- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kate Winslet has revealed the name of her newborn son: Bear.
The Labor Day actress and her husband, Ned Rocknroll, welcomed their first child together at an NHS Hospital in Sussex County, U.K., on Dec. 7. Bear will take Winslet’s surname, the actress’ rep confirms to The Hollywood Reporter.
Winslet also has two children from previous marriages to British filmmaker Jim Threapleton and Skyfall director Sam Mendes. Her daughter, Mia Threapleton, is 13, and her son, Joe Mendes, is nine.
“My kids are absolutely my everything. It’s no secret my children do have different fathers and I have been married before now,” Winslet told THR in November. “The funny thing is, even as I say that, I want to laugh because I’m like, ‘Oh, my God, that’s the shit that I read about other people!’ [laughs] That’s the stuff that I read about other people and I think, ‘Oh, God, where did they go wrong?’ I’m so steady that I can’t believe that life dealt me those cards, but life just did, you know?”
Winslet and Rocknroll, the nephew of billionaire Richard Branson, married in a private ceremony last December.
The actress stars opposite Josh Brolin in Jason Reitman‘s Labor Day, which releases Jan. 31.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day